Sunday, June 24, 2007

Playing around...

We had just learned a "baby wipe" technique and I gave it a try. The "baby wipe" technique can be done many different ways. I just looked it up on Split Coast Stampers. Here they used the baby wipe as a stamp pad so that you can mix the colors. Very clever!

I was taught to use a baby wipe to make backgrounds! Dab the baby wipe into the ink pad and wipe it all over the card front! If you emboss resist an image first, then schmear (It's an east coast thing... hehe) the baby wipe over the card front, you get something like this!

However, me being me, I had to play just a bit further. I used the Crystal Clear embossing powder and mixed in a tiny bit of the Black embossing powder. I was looking to see if I could get the vanilla bean ice cream look to the card. Personally, I added too much black to the clear. I would have liked it to be a bit lighter...

Recipe:
Baroque Motifs stamp set; Very Vanilla card stock; Purely Pomegranate ink pad; Crystal Clear & Black embossing powder. Accessories - baby wipes.

What's great about this card? I can use it as a note card, I can personalize it with a monogram, I can leave it just like this... it's very versatile and elegant... Click on the image and it will enlarge the picture so you can see the details.

No comments: