Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Ornament Fun!

I love making Christmas Ornaments. This is my favorite time of year. Stampin' Up! is even making it easier with their new kits! You can get chipboard set; it's chipboard shapes with paper that matches so it makes it easier for you to decorate your tree this year... there is the Country Living set that comes with a stamp set... there is also a "paper" set that has pre-cut and scored designer paper. WOW!! Thanks, Stampin' Up! If you are interested in ordering, see my Stampin' Up! business website!

I am getting ready for the craft fair season - slowly but surely! I try to see what will have the best turn-over. This year, I really think I am going to have a hit with ornaments! Here are some of the ornaments that I have made so far. These are not in the "kits" that I talked about above. I am waiting for my order to come in so I can make those. This one uses the Baja Breeze re-inker and Dazzling Diamonds Glitter (I know the color of the picture is off. It sure looks great in person!). These ornaments are so easy to make. But they are a bit on the messy side! LOL! If these ornaments don't sell at the craft fair, I am totally putting them on my tree. This one uses the stamp set from the Hostess Collection - Level 1 - Punches Three.

This ornament uses the Pacific Point re-inker and glitter! I also did a little rub-on magic to this one. I have to say that I wished I remembered to use tape! Anytime you use rub-ons on circular or cylindrical objects, it's always a good idea to either rub the image on before it becomes that rounded shape OR to tape the image to the ornament so it doesn't move!

WOW! The color is really off on this image too. I am sorry for that. It is much more beautiful and vibrant in person. This one uses Stampin' Up!'s Fine Cosmo Glitter - Turquoise! Oh, it's truly lovely in person!

Next, is the close up of the Garden Green ornament. On this ornament, I actually taped the image down and got a MUCH better result!! I am quite tickled with the color and the way the rub-on turned out! WOO HOO! It's actually straight on the ornament but there was something wrong with the hanger, I can't seem to bend it the right way to get it to hang right... Oh well. It's all good! I have some other ideas up my sleeve. We'll see if they turn out well or not. *grins*

Do you want to know how I did these ornaments? Do you? Oh good! Well, my ornament class is scheduled for November 21st! We are going to make a BUNCH of different ornaments that night. One of them is going to be the "glass ornaments." The rest uses the Star Bright Kit. I will add all sorts of things to the ornaments to make them "prettier."

One lesson I have learned: Your ornament takes on the color of your glitter, unless you are using: Dazzling Diamonds! Here is my Pink Pirouette ornament. If I had to chose one ornament that I liked the most... I couldn't choose! It would have to depend on my mood. Well that's all for now. I have to finish my ornament craze. I have one more thought of what to do with a glass ornament and I don't want to tell you what it is until I try it! So, with that, I will leave you with thoughts of sugar-plums dancing in your head! Enjoy!!

No comments: