Friday, July 3, 2009

Happy 4th of July!

If you didn't make it to my Open House/Catalog Pick-up yesterday, this is the make and take that you missed! I was feeling patriotic and reminiscent.

For those of us that are US citizens, the 4th of July evokes memories of BBQs, fireworks, family time, and most of all pride. While most of you know that I am a military wife, the 4th of July means more now. Last year, my husband was in Iraq for 6 months. He missed his son's 9th birthday, Father's Day, the 4th of July, the first day of school and such...

This card is for HIM! I used Kind and Caring Thoughts and Celebrate Everything. My color choices are Night of Navy and Ruby Red. I DID NOT think this card up myself. I totally CASEd the idea! I changed the colors and layout a bit. I also used markers in the same colors to color in the "fireworks bursts." Thank you to the one who posted it originally!

No comments: