Monday, September 29, 2008

Big Shot Banner


My husband came home from Iraq about 2 weeks ago... doesn't really seem that long... and I wanted to show off my Big Shot Banner. I think it came out great. My only regret is that I didn't have the last "e" in Home. I had to make it up with a sticky letter. I also had Chunky Glitter on each letter... but I found out that the Chunky Glitter doesn't stick well with Craft Ink. It totally needs Mono!

My husband loved the banner in his favorite red (adding white & blue). The kids were so proud of it too. They helped me hang it up... well they didn't but they thought they did... LOL! I didn't have the heart to tell them otherwise. The kids are very glad to have their dad back. Max has gone from "Mama's boy" to "Daddy's boy." You know, I don't mind a bit... I am almost thrilled with losing my ranking in Max's eyes. It proves to me how much he truly missed his daddy.

I habitually leave my front door open when I am home. I have to say that someone walking their children to school saw the banner and came over because they knew my husband was home and wanted to wish him well and welcome back! I don't know if or when I will take it down... LOL.

No comments: