Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Workshop Scrapbook page

Greetings All!
I wanted to show you something really cool! I introduced my last workshop ladies to this 6 x 6 page. It is a very simple page to put together with two techniques - clear embossing the sun and markering a stamp. I used Baja Breeze, Tangerine Tango and Riding Hood Red; accenting with Summer Sun - very summery looking page in my opinion! I chose the Life's A Breeze set because, quite frankly, I am still scrapbooking the summer... course, I haven't scrapbooked in a really long time so....... hey i started here! LOL!!

I then asked and answered this question, "What if I don't scrapbook 6 x 6? What if I scrapbook 8 1/2 x 11?" I showed them what they can do with this page by dropping it into the 8 1/2 x 11! I got a lot of "Ahhhs" from this. It got them thinking, ok, this can be used in many ways. I love to get customers thinking. I watched them and it was so quiet at that moment that you could have heard a pin drop! I wanted to take their pulse at this time so I said, "Do you see how the 6 x 6 easily fits into an 8 1/2 x 11?" A little more silence and some nodding... this is good.

Then I went for their next shock because I normally don't scrapbook in 6 x 6. Now, I then said, "Ok, now what happens if someone asks, "I don't scrapbook either of those two sizes. I scrapbook 12 x 12. I am ready for them when I show them this: then I showed them what a 12 x 12 could look like. Peoples eyes got bigger as I finished up the demonstration. I still had one trick up my sleeve though! However, like me, when I was shown this way of showing customers what they can do with a 6 x 6, I had that same awe-struck face.


I asked if anyone was NEVER going to scrapbook ever... silence. "Good, well if anyone cares to make a card out of their scrapbook page..." I showed them what a card would look like, just in case there were people there that didn't or wouldn't scrapbook. I showed them this card. It uses the exactly elements that I made the scrapbook page. I literally just folded it in half.

Well, I hope you enjoyed my little presentation! By the way, I have no idea what happened to the scrapbook page above. It was right when I uploaded it... now it's all crooked! UGH!

1 comment:

Alex said...

Awesome Christie - fabulous job on these!!! What a great way to showcase scrappin'!!!! Way cute page, my friend!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex