Sunday, January 25, 2009

Workshop Card!

Yesterday we had a blast at Rebeckah's workshop. We did two cards - 1 for Valentine's Day and 1 "Any Occasion" card. I don't want to reveal the "Any" card until tomorrow or so because I loved it so much, it became my Shoebox Swap! LOL!

I wanted to post this Valentine's Day card to give you ideas that are simple and elegant using the Love You Much Bundle. I love this card for it's simplicity and it's colors! Did you get your bundle yet? You have until January 31st to get it at a discount. The stamp set, Candy Lane Designer Paper (YUM!! I could lick it! - That just means I really LOVE that paper!) and the Heart to Heart Punch are included in the bundle. It's a must have!

You can shop at my website, 24/7 - http://mamaschroeg.stampinup.net

Here is the "bling-bling" version. I try to have two versions of the same card on hand to show customers that just a few accessories can add so much to a card! Instead of using chalks, I used markers to color LOVE - as in I LOVE STAMPIN' UP! I added Dazzling Diamonds and a Flower Brad. If you look at the close-up of the flower brad, I dyed the grooves. I did this with craft ink! I wiped off the brad with a paper towel and heat set the wet ink in the grooves with my Heat Tool. I was even going to fill each petal of the flower with Crystal effects to see what that would look like. But I was running out of time. The ladies seemed to really like this card!

Stampin' Up! does currently have flower brads in BEAUTIFUL colors as well but I haven't received my box of goodies yet, so I couldn't add them to the card. I am so itchy for my new stuff, I can hardly stand it! I don't even have a ship date yet :( Well, they say patience is a virtue. I am not very virtuous today or any other day but I guess I have to learn!! LOL!!

2 comments:

Alex said...

Fabulous workshop cards girl - love them!! Great idea too, having a stepped up version of your card on hand, may need to try that!! I am on my way out the door too for a workshop - three cards, all Valentines! I posted the first one on my blog too, heehee!! Tomorrow I am sharing the hostess gift!!! LOVE what you did here, my friend - beautiful work!! And, patience is soooo not my virtue so I expedited shipping and had my stuff last Thursday, LOL!!! Smooches! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Charlotte said...

I love the little flower brad on this card! You rock sister!