Monday, October 22, 2007

Birthday Wishes

I swear I have not fallen off the Earth. I have been stamping so much I barely have time to post. I will post some of the goodies I have been doing. Some I can't... *bites her lip* I will at some point, just not right now. Here is my first lovely. Now I totally CASEd this card from this wonderful artist! Visit this blog:
http://inkingalong.blogspot.com/2007/09/just-playing.html

What I learned most is that the background NEEDS to be light! I would suggest dabbing the image with a paper towel, wetting it again and dabbing it again before using a heat gun on it. Once you use a heat gun, you can't get any more ink off of it. This card turned out so beautiful! Thanks Jen, for sharing!! You have inspired me!

I used basically the same stamp sets. Here's my recipe:
Stamp Sets: Floral (background), So Swirly Jumbo Wheel (background) and Garden Silhouettes (hostess set)
Ink: Purely Pomegranate, Chocolate Chip, Bravo Burgundy
Paper: Watercolor Paper, Purely Pomegranate, Bravo Burgundy
Accessories: Spray bottle (with water), Ice Circle Rhinestone Brads, Word Window Punch, Paper Piercer and Sponges.

2 comments:

Corie said...

Oh this is just GORGEOUS

Jen said...

Beautiful! Glad I could inspire you a bit!